OVERNIGHT TRIP PROCEDURES
- Members of the Cherokee Bluff Band are expected to represent our school and the community in the most positive, responsible manner possible at all times.
- All Hall County Schools, Cherokee Bluff High School and Cherokee Bluff Band policies and rules are in effect for all school approved trips and activities.
- Conduct violations that are school suspension offenses or deliberate disobedience of a director’s instructions will result in the immediate removal from the trip of the involved student(s)and their return to their parents as soon as possible. The student’s parents will be responsible for any and all costs incurred by the CBBA or Cherokee Bluff High School for the return trip of the student(s).
- Students are to follow director and chaperone’s instructions at all times.
- All students should realize that for the duration or the trip any personal desires, uniqueness of character or other individual traits must be considered secondary to the needs of the band. All decisions will be made based on what is best for the entire group, which will facilitate large group movement and control.
- Public displays of affection (PDA’s) are inappropriate. Please refrain from pursuing such inclinations at all times during the trip.
- Student bus and room assignments will be made and maintained throughout the trip. Only upon authorization by the band director will any changes be made.
- No girls are to be in boys’ rooms, as well as no boys are to be in girls’ rooms, at any time. First offenses will result in removal from the trip and return home.
- Hotel rooms are to be locked at all times. Never leave money or other valuables in your room such as instruments, radios, cameras, etc.
- Everyone must strictly attend all scheduled events. Please be flexible. When traveling with large groups you should expect some delays and inconveniences. If you can adjust, it will help improve the situation.
- Student’s hotel door is to remain completely closed through the lights-out period each night. If students are found outside their rooms or open their door they will be sent home on the first offense. NO EXCUSES ACCEPTED!
- When traveling without a Chaperone, students must stay in groups of four (4) at a minimum. If you are observed by a Chaperone not following this rule, the student(s) will be assigned a Chaperone for the rest of the day. This rule is purely for the safety of the students.
- Chaperones will take roll each and every time the buses are loaded. Each student will be accounted for as they enter the bus.
- Conversations are to be at a normal level on the bus.
- The bus will be kept clean at all times. Chaperones will not pick-up after the students. Student leadership will monitor the condition of the bus during the trip.
- Radios without headphones, loud conversations/noise, and drumming will not be acceptable on the bus.
- Key Captains will be assigned to each room. If a key is lost, the replacement fee will be charge to the Key Captain. If the Key Captain does not want to be responsible for the keys, they can be turned over each morning to their chaperone.
- Any negative behavior not specifically mentioned which tends to reelect unfavorable on the students and/or chaperones during the trip will be in violation of the expected behavior and will result in appropriate discipline per the band director.