MIDDLE SCHOOL BAND EQUIPMENT LIST
1. BLACK, three-ring binder.
a. Pencil Bag (should fit inside binder) with 3 sharpened pencils.
b. Sheet Protectors (15-20 sheets)
c. Dividers (4 Tabs)
2. Access to a metronome for at home practice (required for everyone)
***Note: It is acceptable to have a smartphone/tablet metronome application that ranges anywhere from free to $2.00 to purchase. There are also websites that provide free metronomes. ***Free Online Metronome: http://www.metronomeonline.com/
3. Tuner for wind instruments.
***Note: Again, most smartphones/tablets offer downloadable tuners from as low as $0.99 to free***
4. Black Hand Towel All students will be required to have a black hand towel. This hand towel should be stored in the case of the instrument or in the instrument locker. Please label the hand towel with the student name.
5. Reeds (Woodwinds only) – We provide reeds for $3 a piece.
Single Reed Players (Clarinet/Saxophone) need to have at least 3 good reeds on hand at all times.
Double Reed players (Bassoon/Oboe) should have at least 2 good reeds at all times.
6. Mouthpieces (School-Owned Instruments only) – All brass players are required to purchase their own mouthpiece. While most brass players already own their own mouthpiece, the Cherokee Bluff Band Program does not have the funds to provide everyone with a mouthpiece.
7. Instrument in proper working condition (read below policy for students renting an instrument).
School Owned Instrument Policy
Cherokee Bluff loans school owned instruments to students on a yearly contractual basis.
Students are required to pay $50 rental fee for the year. These fees are used at the end of the year to send the instruments to the local music dealer for cleaning and repair.
Instruments the Cherokee Bluff Band owns for students to rent: Tubas, Euphoniums/Baritones, French Horns, Bass Clarinets, Baritone Saxophones, Tenor Saxophones, Bassoons, and Oboes. Students may have to share instruments based on the number and the need. Cherokee Bluff does not own any Trombones, Trumpets, Alto Saxophones, Flutes, or Clarinets.
Percussionists need to own a pair of general snare sticks, a pair of general yarn mallets, a pair of general hard rubber mallets, and general timpani mallets.
It is highly recommended that you meet with Mr. Lonberger prior to any major purchase of an instrument upgrade. We will be able to point to you some great resources to help.
8. Concert Attire: Middle School Concert Attire will be sent home with students later. Stay tuned.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the above information. We are very excited about another year together at Cherokee Bluff Middle School.